Old January 31st, 2012, 05:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Transportation Rome-Fiumicino

In article ,
Ken Blake wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:38:58 -0800, poldy wrote:

In article ,
Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

Thanks. Can you point me to a web site for a shared ride?

Looks like price went up, it's now about $26-27 each way.

Viator contracts with a local operator and often, the price you get on
the site is lower than the price you'd pay booking directly with the
operator, whom they don't identify until you book.

Down side of the shared shuttle is that for departures especially, they
can pick you up 2-3 hours or more before your flight, as they need to
pick up other riders in different parts of the city.

I forget which operator it was but it may have been this one:

http://www.rome-airport-shuttle.it/

20 Euro per person each way. But it sounds like they may have better
pricing for 2 or more people as a package.

There are a lot of reviews on Fodors and other travel forums about Rome
airport shuttle limousine services with direct, not shared service for
up to 4 people with luggage for around 40-50 Euro. I couldn't find the
URL exactly, might search for rome shuttle limo or something like that.
There are several URLs but they don't list price, you have to ask for a
quote.

Ken

There's something like romeshuttle.com for private cars.