Old May 14th, 2004, 12:34 PM
B Vaughan

Default Driving in Spain

On Fri, 14 May 2004 07:58:56 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:18:50 +0200, Jeremy wrote:

In Italy virtually every intersection has signs indicating the next,
or next few, towns in that direction. Even tiny rural lanes exiting
from the main road have a sign indicating the little hamlets they lead
to. When I first came to Italy, I used to take the car and follow my
nose, as a way of getting to know my area. I knew that it was almost
impossible to get lost.

You've never been to Biella or the region between Brixen, Brüneck and
Abtei/Badia (noth Domites) have you ? Or around Ampezzo.

I've been to some of those places, but I wasn't driving. Most of my
driving has been in central Italy: Emiglia-Romagna, Tuscany, Umbria,
Le Marche, Abruzzo and Lazio. In all of those regions, the signposting
was excellent. If you have a decent map, you can find your way
anywhere. A copilot helps also, to read the map while you drive.
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it