Old February 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Bad Year to Go To East Africa?

Hello Again Bill

Really my main reason for going would be in the hope of seeing the huge
numbers of animals in the migration.

Like most other tourists I love seeing the charismatic animals - cats,
elephants, etc - plus almost anything else - but I can see all those for
quite a bit less money in South Africa by visting Kruger and some of the
private reserves close by. You don't see really large numbers of animals in
South Africa though.

I realise there are no guarantees, even in a good year, of being there when
the migration is on, but I have been led to believe July is the best time -
but it's also the most expensive. I'm also a bit constrained in that I
probably can't get away from work until June.

Regards

Michael