Old January 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Default Moving to Australia

AND dont forget the very high cost of housing and living in Sydney
NOT so high in Melbourne,
Less in other capital cities except maybe Perth is starting to get high
housing costs due to demand.
Unless you really have to, give Sydney a miss as it is like London but not
as good as transport system.

What type of work are you involved in would perhaps help as to where best
top go to get a job easier.
John H

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
u...

"Nick Fisher" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, the decision is made (at least in principle): we are emigrating
from the UK to Australia.

We're pretty sure that either Sydney or Melbourne is going to be the
right choice for us, but although I've spend a bit of time in the
former, I don't know Melbourne at all.

If you have never been there, why are you considering Melbourne at all?

If you took away Sydney's harbour, its beaches, its interesting
topography, its climate, the Harbour bridge and Opera House, and 30% of
its business opportunity you know what you would have? Melbourne.

I know both cities well, and I can't imagine why anybody would pick
Melbourne.

Unless you have a job that really requires you to be in a big city,
Melbourne would be well down on my list.