Old August 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
VK

Default Camping in Samburu/Shaba/Buffalo Springs

Has anyone self-driven and stayed in the campsites in Samburu/Buffalo
Spring/Shaba? We are planning a trip there and had a few questions:

1/ Is it possible to simply roll up and get accommodation at a
campsite - preferably a campsite, or is pre-booking better? If the
latter, any ideas on where to pre-book?

2/ What are the facilities like in the public campsites at Samburu?
When I was there last in 2002, the toilets were absolute disasters.
Has that gotten better?

3/ Any specific safety issues to be aware of (other than the general
Kenya/north Kenya stuff)?

TIA,
Vandit