Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Default Qatar Airways to Launch Flights to Australia Late 2004

Dow Jones Qatar Airways To Launch Flights To Australia Late 2004 by
Eric Johnston; Dow Jones Newswires;

March 16, 2:06 am ET MELBOURNE -(Dow Jones)- Qantas Airways Ltd.
faces further competition on the lucrative Australia to Europe route
with Qatar's national flag carrier expected to make its first flight
into Melbourne later this year.

"While we are still finalizing our schedules, commencing services to
Melbourne is a key step in Qatar Airway's plans to become a major
international carrier between Australia, the middle East and Europe,"
said Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker in a statement.

Late last year, Australia and Qatar finalized an air services
agreement that allows Qatar Airways to operate at least three services
a week to Australia.

Qatar Airways has previously detailed plans to serve 60 international
destinations by the end of 2005.

In Asia, Qatar Airways already flies to South Korea, China, Singapore,
Thailand and Indonesia. #####
--multiplaza.nl.nu--