Old September 11th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Julie

Default Buying/using pre-paid SIM cards

Vodaphone cost AUD$30.00 also

Julie

"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
. ..
Frank Slootweg wrote:

For Australia:

Communic8 (is Telstra):
http://www.communic8.com.au/connected/ppm/index.asp

Vodafone "no plans":
http://www.vodafone.com.au/voda_help....jsp?gs=foryou

I used Communic8. That worked fine, but could not SMS to Europe (The
Netherlands). SMS messages went to the bit-bicket, but were charged. :-(

Bummer! :-(
I need to SMS mainly (phoning home will only be once in a while because
of the cost), so the above probably won't be any good for me.
Have you (or anyone else reading this) tried Vodaphone? Does it handle
SMS messages to/from Europe fine?

Other mobile phone companies in Australia which supplies pre-pay SIM
cards?

Regarding Vodaphone..... I checked out the above page, but there was no
actual price listed. I'd like to know how much the "starter package"
which includes a SIM card, the phone number (and preferrably some
calling time) costs, and how much is charged when calling and sending
SMS messages abroad and within Australia.

Hallvard
--
Atari Launchpad : http://launchpad.atari.org
Notator/Creator SL : http://www.notator.org