Old May 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

Default European train bookings

"Spencer" wrote in message
Hi
I will be visiting Europe in September and travelling by train on
weekdays, using a first class Eurail Pass, between Munich and Koblenz
(9.23am departure) and Koblenz and Paris (9.16am departure). I will be
arriving in Munich two days prior to the first journey. My query is, will
it be necessary to book (and pay a huge booking fee) before I leave NZ or
is it likely there will be seats available two days prior?
Any comments appreciated.
Thanks
Spencer

If you have a pass, why would you not be able to book the journey now ( or
within a month of trip) w/o a booking fee?