Old August 6th, 2013, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Don Wiss

Default Where to find historical weather averages?

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013, Joe Makowiec wrote:

On 05 Aug 2013 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Don Wiss wrote:

An example of what I'd like is on the right side of this page:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html

But it only covers 6 months. I want 12.

Weather Underground allows you to enter variable dates in their history
page:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

If I put in any date in the past I can then click the Monthly tab. On it I
can get the average max and the average min for that specific month. But
that is not what I want.

Since starting this thread I have learned that what I am looking for is
called "climate normals." Searching on that finds what I am looking for in
many places. But all are different. The NWS has issued normals for
1971-2000 and more recently 1981-2010. If I only found two different sets
of numbers I could understand that some were the old and some were the new.
But all are different!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...ly/graph/03801
http://countrystudies.us/united-stat...portsmouth.htm

Now if I could find the matching normals from Wunderground...