Old August 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Deckard

Default guidebook for Thailand

Well, you should admit that the request from the OP in a newsgroup
that is infested by spammers looks weird.
Not to mention the stupidity of the question itself, I smell a rat
with this sort of "naive" request.

Mort

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:57:24 +0200, "Runge12"
wrote:

grusl has a strange point of view about what is rude and what is not.

"grusl" a écrit dans le message de

HoboKelly2007" wrote in
message ...
Viviane" wrote in message
.. .

Does anyone know which is the best guidebook to buy for Thailand? It
will be my first time there and i am an inexperienced traveller, so i
will be needing a book providing good basic general advice
if anyone can send me info at I'd really
appreciate.

We've always used Lonely Planet and found them informative and well laid
out. The phrase book can be useful too.

Good for you, Viviane, for posting in the group rather than to an email
request. I find those incredibly rude.

By the way, as so much spam comes from travel_SPAM_banter.com, it's
probably harvesting email addresses.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore