Old September 26th, 2011, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default NCL Hawaii

On 9/25/2011 4:47 PM, Thumper wrote:
On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 15:26:20 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 9/23/2011 6:58 PM, Bill wrote:
On 9/23/2011 6:35 PM, Old Sarge wrote:
Didn't NCL remove one of their two ships in Hawaii?
Since I believe they are American flagged, they are bound by US Labor
laws and must pay minimum wages and abide by the law in total. I thought
I saw where they removed one ship due to it being too expensive to
operate there. A friend of mine got a Purser job on one of those ships.

They had 3 ships. They removed 2 a few years ago. Too much capacity was
leading to very low prices (which I took advantage of).

People complained about the service. I didn't find it all that bad, at
least not in the dining and housekeeping areas. Food was terrible.

Bill

Bill,

I know at least a dozen people who have sailed on that NCL ship and that
same itinerary at different times. You are the first one who *didn't*
find it terrible.

You must be easy to please. :-)

The travel web sites are full of reviews by people who not only didn't
find it terrible, but really liked it.
Thumper

There's no accounting for taste.

--