Old December 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:24:30 +0100, Frank Slootweg

[...]

Spelt, in it's other guise than above, is actually an ancient variety
of wheat.

of, to add bloody insult to bloody injury, bloody *European* bloody
origin!

No No , from most of the googling I've done, it seems that it
originated around Mesopotamia some 6000 odd years ago, and then later
was very common in Europe from around 5000 or so years ago.

Only 6000 years? Sorry, but I'm not into that new-fangled stuff!