Old July 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kristian

Default Madrid to bid for 2016 Olympics

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:31:27 -0600, "Casey"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...12/5154730.stm

I think Madrid would make a great host city. But on the subject of
European travel, did Madrid make any improvements to its public
transport system in anticipation for the (losing) 2012 bid? What
improvements did it plan to make if it won?

I think an expert in Spain somebody posted that Madrid would be the
only hub left in Europe by 2010. Schiphol Heathrow Paris and Frankfurt
are soon to close.

Madrid is a virtual black hole. By 2020 it might be the only airport
left in Europe.
--
Kristian