Old March 16th, 2004, 05:37 AM
RAK

Default ATMs Changi Terminal 1?

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...
Dick Locke wrote:
Does anyone know the location of or have a map of ATMs in T1 in
Changi? The airport authority site just mentions the money-sharks. I
know there are ATMs somewhere but I'm always too befuddled after
flying forever to find them.

Most airports do a good job of hiding ATMs to protect their
rent-paying money changers.

http://www.ocbc.com/info/abt_OCBC/offsite_atm_loc.shtm
Search the full page for the word "airport"
you will see 4 locations

That is just one bank's ATMs, there are lots more.
Inside the immigration area they can be found at fairly regular intervals
among the duty free shops. Sometimes I have failed to spot them hiding
behind a shop or a palm tree but the information desks will tell you where
they are.
Outside baggage collection they are at the extreme ends on each terminal as
far as I remember, with more to the left as you exit Customs as far as I
remember.

Again, airport staff will tell you where they are, it is no secret.
But you are right, they tend not to put them near the money changers.