Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default US airports: 'menacing, cramped and devoid of humanity'

In article ,
Martin wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:54:15 -0700, poldy wrote:

In article ,
Erilar wrote:

I don't know why you have singled out LHR for not having water fountains
just because American airports do.

IME most European ones don't, it isn't (wasn't) just London

I've been at CDG looking for water fountains, hated the idea of paying 3
or 4 Euro for a 50cl bottle.

Just went to the bathroom and filled up my bottle from the sink.

But a couple of weeks back, I recall seeing water fountains at CDG with
signage encouraging people to fill up rather than buy more bottles.

As it turned out, I had AF lounge privileges so I didn't use it, but
maybe there's progress.

Were the showers unlocked or are they still locked "because nobody uses them"?

Didn't check, it was a short flight so didn't even occur to me to use
them.