Old June 30th, 2018, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Transportation CDG Airport to Hotel in Paris

On 6/29/18 5:28 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
I know there's very little activity in this newsgroup these days, but
just in case there's still someone here who can help...

I'm looking for inexpensive transportation for my wife and I from CDG
airport to central Paris. Yes, I know I can take the train, but that's
too much trouble with luggage.

Should I just find a taxi when we arrive? Should I use Uber? Is there
a good taxi/limousine service I should book in advance? Any other
suggestions?

If I just pick up a taxi when I arrive, about how much will it cost?
Same question with Uber--about how much will it cost?

I don't know yet what time we will arrive at CDG, but it will probably
be around noon.

There should be shared shuttle services. That means they may not drop
you off at your hotel first.

You could check sites like viator.com or getyourguide.com.

Would be cheaper than a taxi but take longer.

I'm not sure if Uber is officially allowed to operate in Paris. But you
can get estimates on their site. Of course fares change in price
depending on time of day.