Old January 14th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Bob Myers

Default 9 hrs in Tokyo

"XOR" wrote in message
om...
I've been through Narita more times than I can count it seems, but
never out of the airport. I may end up with a 9 hour layover at NRT.
Is that enough time to actually *do* anything in Tokyo - figuring the
time it takes to get to/from the airport, checkin/immigration etc ?

Figure a minimum of an hour and half to get into town or
back, plus the time required for clearing immigration, etc.,
and arriving back at the airport an hour and a half before
departure (assuming you have bags to check). Most of
your 9 hours is gone already. The only realistic option is
to go into the town of Narita itself, and see whatever there
is to see there.

Bob M.