Old January 14th, 2004, 09:46 AM
F. D. Lewis

Default 9 hrs in Tokyo

(XOR) wrote in message . com...
I've been through Narita more times than I can count it seems, but
never out of the airport. I may end up with a 9 hour layover at NRT.
... This 9 hr layover
flight would have me leaving just before midnight instead, arriving
into NRT in the am.

the midnight (or 1 AM) flights take about five hours in the air.
because of the time change you arrive around 7 or 8 AM. this gives
you four hours or so of sleep on the plane. it is better than going
to the airport early in the morning because you can have a meal or a
few beers after airport check-in at 9 or 10 PM.

with this in mind, why not have a shower, change of clothes,
breakfast, and a nap at the Narita airport? if you travel business on
Korean Air they have these things for free in their lounge. otherwise
you can pay a little for them at the airport. or, it might be
possible to book a short-time room at an airport hotel.