Old January 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Dave Fossett

Default 9 hrs in Tokyo

"XOR" wrote:

I've been through Narita more times than I can count it seems, but
never out of the airport. I may end up with a 9 hour layover at NRT.
Is that enough time to actually *do* anything in Tokyo - figuring the
time it takes to get to/from the airport, checkin/immigration etc ?

Few people (myself included) bother exploring the town of Narita itself in
their rush to head into Tokyo, but it is supposed to have a few sights
making it worthwhile exploring during a short stopover. The shrine is
supposed to be fairly impressive, so unless you are really keen to see
central Tokyo, it might be worth checking out Narita itself.

--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan