Old September 21st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ed Dente

Alan Harrison wrote:

: "Richard" wrote in message
: ...

: IME whatever costs a CAD here in Montreal costs a GBP in London. Notable
: exception being a pint at the local pub. London's still a great city, just
: that it's bloody expensive.

: As a midlander in southern exile, my great London price moan is about how
: expensive a pint of beer is down here. I pay the same for a newspaper or a
: tube of toothpaste as I would back hom in Walsall, and can't for the life of
: me understand why I get charged 40 or 50 pence more for a jar, expecially
: when it's a local London brew like Fuller's.

: Alan Harrison

Nothing like the thrill of discovering that you can get four pints of the best, freshest
Pilsner Urquel in a good pub in Prague for the price of a single pint of Fuller's,
Greene King, or any other real ale in London. If anyone's planning a trip to include
both cities, make sure to do London first, then Prague, otherwise the shock of the price
differential will make you too depressed to have more than a single pint in London.
Ed