Old June 13th, 2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Harry Cooper

Default Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
Woman accused of using cruise line job for burglaries

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- A former Royal Caribbean Cruise Line employee
has been arrested and charged with burglarizing the homes of 24
vacationers who were spending time at sea snip

Here's the link. If it wraps, you may have to copy/paste it into your
browser header.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/06/11...Top+Stories%29

That is bad. And not telling people you are going on a cruise would not
make a difference as this person had inside information.

--
Charles

That is why when we cruise or travel, we have set a good security alarm
system backed by battery and there is always some one staying at our
house. It is a shame that there or so many people with no scruples or
conscience. One has to always stay one step ahead and be alert to all
sorts of scams.

--Jean

And Jean, while many things are irreplaceable, we should all insure to value
and keep an inventory, perhaps a video inventory, at a different location.
It's an insult to be victim of theft, even more so to be under-insured. If
the premium is a problem a high deductable will help.

Harry Cooper