Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default denmark

"Erilar" wrote in message
I can't tell how much I'm spending without my iPad's currency converter,

As a Brit, Denmark is easy. It's had a 10 to 1 exchange rate for most of
the past 20 years.

Even as an American I would have thought that using 10 to 1 gets you close
enough. It will just make the cost of things in DK look reasonable instead
of the humongously expensive reality.

but other than that, Denmark is a wonderful and wonderfully civilized
country 8-) Tomorrow the major part of the sightseeing gets moving here in
the Faroes.

As someone with a Historical bent I've never found much of interest in DK

Apart from "Hamlet's" [1] castle, the Viking ship museum and a couple of
"palaces" in the city, what is there?

Of course, you can always spend an hour visiting "the second most
underwhelming world-famous-statue in a European capital" (that's 29 minutes
each way to walk there and 10 seconds to take the compulsory photo).

And students of literature will want to visit Karen Blixen's house

tim

[1] I don't know why it seems necessary to put that in quotes, it really is
Hamlet's castle. I suppose the point is that Hamlet wasn't a real person,
presumably, as the castle is real, the character in the play was a
caricature of a real person. But I could be completely wrong here