Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:02 AM posted to alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe
Marianne Kristiansen

Default Greece travelogue

skrev i melding Greece is not at theme park with
attractions accessible to the drop-in
vistor and refreshments available at every turn. Some homework is
required.

I understand what you are saying and I can also understand why the site was
a disappointment. I had the same feeling arriving at Anavatos in Chios for
the first time. The big community building on top was covered in plastic and
rope, scaffolding everywhere and restauration going on. Huge
disappointment! -Until I started to think about the dramatic history of the
place, take in the views, look at what I _could_ see of the village and the
plastic and the scaffolding wanished in a way. It is truly amazing to be in
such a place when you know the history of it, no matter how much you see or
not.

--
Marianne