Old December 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ne.transportation
Pete from Boston

Default fwiw: Cheap bus service from Hartford to Boston and NYC

On Dec 10, 1:35 pm, wrote:
"K" wrote:
From today's Hartford Courant:http://www.courant.com/business/hc-m...0,971415.story

Yeah, it looks like Megabus added a Hartford stop on some of their
Boston-New York runs. The extra stop adds 10 minutes to the
theoretical schedule -- who knows how long it actually takes. This is
good to know if you were expecting an express trip.

Their pricing algorithm occasionally sells Boston-New York tickets
cheaper than Boston-Hartford, so you could save money by getting a
full-length ticket and getting off the bus early.

Lucky Star Bus sells tickets to and from their rest stop in Vernon,
CT, outside Hartford.

That's interesting -- where does Lucky Star stop these days, and is it
a consistent location? Ever since the Century Buffet closed down*
I've had stops at the Roy Rogers in Manchester and the Burger King at
Exit 64 in Vernon. Unless, of course, I'm mistaken and one of those
was Fung Wah, but LS is my default so I assume it was them.

* How a restaurant with busloads of customers delivered to its door
fails is beyond me, unless a) it was so bad that even a captive
audience wouldn't eat there, or b) whatever deal they had cut with
Lucky Star fell through and their lifeline went away. I just miss
having the adjacent Big Y where I could at least get something
reasonably healthy and/or cheap to eat.