Old April 4th, 2004, 12:45 AM
David Horne

Default Greek Island Hopping Advice Sought

Tony Day wrote:

The rest of your advice was good, but I don't understand this bit. As a foot
passenger, not wanting a cabin, there should never be a problem getting on
board a traditional ferry,

It happens- believe me. We were forced into a cabin two years ago from
Heraklion to Thira, at extra cost, because there were no more 'deck
passenger places.' That was at the end of May. Though I suspect it's a
convenient money maker, I can understand why there would be a quota.
That occured when buying the ticket a few hours prior to departure.

Also, as happened to me on another trip, I wanted to take a catamaran
_instead_ of a ferry, to save time. Booking the day before, all the
places were sold (Naxos to Piraeus.)

and the prices are fixed by government,

Sure, but I had to pay more for a cabin.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net