Old December 24th, 2003, 09:52 AM
MiguelB

Default Hotel Mexico City

On 22 Dec 2003 10:14:56 -0800, (Joe Clancy) wrote:

MiguelB wrote in message . ..
On 20 Dec 2003 06:43:56 -0800,
(Joe Clancy) wrote:

(= =) wrote in message ...
Does anyone have personal experience with the Holiday Inn Main Square
Zocalo in Mexico City? It was my understanding that the Zona Rosa was
preferable to the Zocalo but after doing a little research I'm not so
convinced. If anyone has opinions of this hotel and of the Zocalo area,
I'd be very grateful if you would share them with me. Thank you

From my experience, Mexico City is safe if you don't look like you
have a lot of money, and if you are careful. There were cops right on
the corner by my hotel all night, I forget the name, but recall that
it was on the street "[some woman's name] de Catolica". That one was
around $15/night and okay. However a relatively NICE hotel,
overlooking the Cathedral is Hotel Catedral. Excellent deal, nice
place. Or it was, 7 years ago, when I stayed there.

That would be the Hotel Isabel, yes it's still $15.00 and is still very popular.

Exactly. Great cheap hotel.

The Hotel Catedral is quite a bit more, but still a bargain for what
you get. They are both "great bargains" in their individual price
ranges.