Old February 19th, 2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default LONG BEACH - A quick question

I grew up in Long Beach. CA and still live in the L.A. area.
As a little kid, I stood on the Vincent Thomas Bidge and watched them
tow the Queen Mary to it's permanent berth in the LB harbor. Soon
after the Spruce Goose was installed next door.

I am looking forward next weekend (Feb 25th) to going down to
San Pedro and seeing the giant new Queen Mary 2 at the big cruise ship
dock there. I know the Spruce Goose is long gone from next to te old
QM. I've noticed there will occasionally be a cruise ship docked where
the Goose used to be. What ships dock there? At a guess - is it
Disney lines only? It's too bad the QM2 won't be able to 'park' next
to it's famous older sister - that'd be quite a sight! Perhaps the QM2
can't dock there, due to it's size? And, is it true the QM2 is too
large to go thru the Panama Canal?