Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default LONG BEACH - A quick question

Thus spake Patricia Martin Steward :

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:10:32 -0800, Andrew Gore
wrote:

I grew up in Long Beach. CA and still live in the L.A. area.
As a little kid, I stood on the Vincent Thomas Bidge and watched them
tow the Queen Mary to it's permanent berth in the LB harbor. Soon
after the Spruce Goose was installed next door.

I saw the SG in the '80s. It was astonishing!

I did a search on Dogpile to see what had happened to it and found the
website http://www.aafo.com/goose/. Seems it's at Evergreen
International Aviation in McMinville, Oregon.

And, if the restorers have their way, will fly again. Maybe by the
end of 2008 from what I last heard.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past