Old December 31st, 2012, 03:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rec.travel.cruises[_3_]

Default Dec 2012 Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Review

On Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:34:27 PM UTC-5, peter wrote:
On 12/30/12 6:11 AM, in article , "Bill"

wrote:

Tipping: During previous cruises we had changed from cash tipping

to automatic tipping. Our dining and stateroom staff have no way of

knowing is we just said we automatically tipped or we indeed

automatically tipped.

Do you know for a fact that the staff does not know who is on automatic

tipping, even at the end? I don't know one way or the other, just

asking. Is it that big a deal? You can tell them you're on automatic

tipping and they should believe you.

On the Adventure I think they know, as the cabin steward thanked us on

departure (actually in the middle of a btb). Of course he could also have

figured it out by looking at the onboard account statement.

How is the Diamond lounge on Allure and Oasis? All day cappuccino? Not too

crowded?

Tipping: We inquired with the stateroom and dining room staff about knowing if we tipped. The both told us that the printout they used to get telling them who automatically tipped has been eliminated. It is not a big deal but it is a deal. There are passengers who skip out on the last night dining to avoid tipping. Now they don't have to skip. They can tell the crew they auto tipped. We tipped automatically and in some cash. We have no way of knowing if our auto tips made it to our staff.

Diamond Lounge: Not much happened there all cruise, but yes the cappuccino machine was used by us several times a day.