Old March 17th, 2004, 01:09 AM
ABC

Default Mobile Phones in France

Will be in Paris for a week in April.
I checked http://www.sfr.com/en/index.jsp and I get the impression
that I can
buy a "chip" (prepaid card) for my Nokia 6610 which I purchased in
Italy in 2002. I use the Wind service and have an Italy number.
Am I correct in assuming that the French "chip" will give me a French
number?
ABC

"Syrah" wrote in message ...
SFR do that, click :
http://www.sfr.com/en/index.jsp

Eric

"PB&JM" a écrit dans le message de
Hello all,
I will be travelling to France at the end of the week and have a question
regarding "pre-paid" cards for mobile phones.
In Australia I can purchase a "Red" Vodafone card which is pre paid and

can
be toped up allowing me to either make or receive national or

international
calls.

Is this the case in France? I have tried their website, but alas it's in
French LOL, funny that.

Anyway I have a "unlocked phone" and will be using the phone very little.
I am not keen on using Global roaming with my own carrier as a friend
recently returned from France having done the same thing and had many
problems.

Thanks In advance

Paul