Old September 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

Default Sikhs oppose new turban rules

In message Craig Welch
wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:

A turban is just like any other hat, or a jacket, or a belt, or
anything else you have to take off when you go through airport
screening.

No it's not. You can't take off a turban and put it back on in 10
seconds, let alone 10 minutes.

It takes my brother a good 10 minutes to manage to re-tie his shoes (for
reasons as yet undetermined) -- Does that mean he can leave them on when
passing through airport security?

Not at all.

But it's clear that he should not be travelling without a companion.

Naaa, he just clears the area and ties his shoes up later (and I have
been informed that 10 minutes is only when he is intentionally delaying,
otherwise it's 6 minutes -- His boots need to be partially re-laced each
time they're tied)

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.