Old September 25th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Binyamin Dissen

Default PLS HELP: use of tickets with connection

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:05:59 +0200 Usuario Invitado
wrote:

:Suppose that I am flying Madrid-Milan-Athens, and return
:Athens-Milan-Madrid with a low-price ticket, which does not allow any
:change or cancellation.

:If in the return trip I do not use the ticket from Athens to Milan,
:because I arrive to Milan by another mean, does the airline
:automatically cancel my ticket Milan-Madrid? This is what my travel
:agent claims, since according to the company, if I miss the first
:flight, I cannot take the second connection…

Typically that is true.

:If that’s right, I imagine following trick:

:A friend, who will fly the same schedule Athens-Milan-Madrid, would make
:the check-in in Athens for me and for himself (I would give him an ID),
:and get my boarding passes for the two flights. Then I would not take
:the first flight in Athens (obviously I would be already in Milan).We
:would meet in Milan and my friend would give me the boarding card for
:the flight Milan-Madrid, and I would take the plane.
:Would in this instance the airline cancel my second boarding card,
:because I did not use the first one?

Assuming that your friend looks enough like you this should work. Would you be
able to manage a few days without your ID?

To the various airline toadies - no, I do not have an ethical problem with
using just part of a purchased service.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com