Old July 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
AZ Nomad[_1_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

On 18 Jul 2006 08:03:57 -0700, wrote:

I'm going to be driving from Washington, DC to northern Louisiana with
an LA license plate that expired a couple of years ago. Insurance and
driver's license are okay. Any suggestions about what route I should
take or how I can avoid getting pulled over? I'm a pretty safe driver,
don't speed...going to try and make sure my car is clean and not
conspicuous...

Stay home until you collect the funds.

Or allocate some extra time including the weekend for sitting in jail in
case some hillbilly copy has had a bad day and doesn't like your attitude.