Old August 21st, 2009, 11:43 PM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Michael Finfer

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On 2009-08-20 21:17:33 -0400, Cyrus Afzali said:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:09:54 -0700, "ARL"
wrote:

We are mature couple from San Francisco.
We are taking our vacation in New York City on October 26 to Nov 1.
Please recommend 3 star hotel that is near the subway stations in
Queens or Brooklyn or NJ that is reasonably priced?

We are considering to stay at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel in
Weehawken, NJ on the Hudson.
But there is no MTA subway to that area, correct?
Everyday, we have to take the Waterway Ferry from the Lincoln Harbor
terminal to West 39th Street Midtown at $7.75 per person? How can we
get from this 39th Street Ferry Terminal to the MTA subway?

Thank you for your help.

Be aware that the ferry serving that area doesn't run all night. Can't
remember what time it stops running, but I believe it's around 8 or 9
p.m. You can still get the light rail from Hoboken Terminal, but it's
going to be a longer trip. Once you get to Hoboken, you can take the
PATH across the river to Manhattan, only you'll be in midtown proper,
not the far west side.

Being an older couple, I think they would be better off staying in
Manhattan where a cab back to the hotel will be a couple of bucks and a
few minutes rather than a arduous journey on the various subways/rails
late at night.

It costs that much just to get into a taxi. Be aware that a long taxi
ride can cost a significant amount of money, and that the meter
continues to rack up charges even when you're stopped in traffic. Not
to mention the fact that, as my wife jokes, I seem to have a near death
experience every time I agree to a taxi ride in New York, which is
something that I try to avoid like the plague!

Michael Finfer
Bridgewater, NJ