Old April 28th, 2008, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Seeing Wild Animals

On Apr 24, 6:45*pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
I think the next grandchild I take will be a girl who will be 13 in
July 2009. *We will probably travel in the summer of 2009 - mostly
likely June, because I don't think she's a good enough student to take
her out of school.

She is interested in animals (and boys of course). *Ideally I'd take
her where my mom took her dad - on African safari. *But I don't think
I want to go to Africa ATM. *I'd like to stay in this hemisphere if
possible. *I've been to Costa Rica and Belize. *If that was the only
option, I'd go back, but I'd rather go somewhere different.

SO - What would be the best bet for acruisein about June 2009 for
seeing animals with a young teen and her old grandmother?

Is there an Alaskancruisethat we could take? *How about someplace in
Central or South America? *Or theGalapagos? Or Hawaii?

I would recommend taking a cruise to the Galapagos because it is so
endangered and unique. There is enough activity to keep the teen
happy, plus the grandmother can hang out on board or just sit in the
sun on the island and watch all the wildlife go by. The cruise I took
was with Quasar Expeditions, and it was great - see
http://www.galapagosexpeditions.com/...n.php?activo=2. The
Galapagos is a real treasure, but might not be around by the time the
teen becomes the grandmother.