Old April 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default Seeing Wild Animals

Cal Ford wrote:

You will probably have a maximum window of 8 nights but it is possible to work
out a schedule that would include a short Galapagos Cruise along with a visit to
Machu Pichu in Peru.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

I am not sure that I could physically handle the altitude in Peru (?).
Why do you say a window of 8 nights?

The Quasar site, when you get down to the price part is VERY
expensive. (Not as expensive as Regent or something like that, but
high.) I discarded Celebrity's weekly Galapagos cruise because there
are only 100 pax and it did not seem as though there would be many
young people. Perhaps I will rethink that.

I would recommend taking a cruise to the Galapagos because it is so
endangered and unique. There is enough activity to keep the teen
happy, plus the grandmother can hang out on board or just sit in the
sun on the island and watch all the wildlife go by. The cruise I took
was with Quasar Expeditions, and it was great - see
http://www.galapagosexpeditions.com/...n.php?activo=2. The
Galapagos is a real treasure, but might not be around by the time the
teen becomes the grandmother.

That's a good idea. She has said she wants Australia, or Peru, so
maybe Ecuador and Galapagos would be good.