Old September 14th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Mason Barge

Default Food on Ships

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:51:00 -0400, Charles
wrote:

In article , Rich and
Kathy wrote:

Most of the cruise lines we have sailed recently combine the soup/salad.
Celebrity, in our experience, has the most separate courses. It is just too
formal and lasts too long for us -- for every night.

Which cruise lines were those? I have not yet encountered that yet. In
the last 24 months I have been on one RCI cruises, one Princess cruise
and three Celebrity cruises and they all had seperate soup and salad
course although I have choosen myself to skip one of those courses.

HAL does four course dinners, and it's great IMO. There is no big
formal change of course and you can get a couple of plates piled up,
but I think that's fun.

The waiters also seem less stressed out for some reason.

Another thing I wish Celebrity would eliminate is the dessert tray,
which is shared by waiters and again, you have to sit there while
every other table looks at it.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln