Old March 21st, 2016, 09:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

Default Trains in Europe (again)--recommendation

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016, Tom P wrote:

With a night train I can leave after work (possibly after supper)
and arrive in the morning say before 8am so that I can start a work
meeting at 9am.

YOu can actually work after sleeping all night in a train????

I could when I did.

Now I'm getting older and would have other problems, but these will be
worst if I'd have to take an early plane and sleep only a few hours.

Anyhow recently a younger colleague which had to make Bonn-Florence and
return, found that the train was cheaper than the plane, and used a
night train at least on the way back.