Old March 28th, 2016, 03:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Trains in Europe (again)--recommendation

On 2016-03-18 18:17:22 +0000, tim... said:

"Tom P" wrote in message
On 03/05/2016 02:32 AM, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 03-01-2016 05:40, Paul Aubrin wrote:
From Paris to Spain, there are few night trains:

THANKS!
Been off-line for a week, but I'll look into these, now that I'm back.

Overnight sleeper trains are being phased out.

ITWYM is: Overnight sleeper trains are becoming little used and as such
unprofitable (if indeed they ever were profitable) and train operators
are realising that the subsidy required to keep them is better spent
elsewhere

tim

On an overnight from Vienna to Venice, because the route takes less
time than overnight, we stopped mid-way for a couple of hours. And the
fumes of oil permeated everything. Hard to breathe. Never again would
I take an overnight train.

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com