Old February 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Pacific Coast Highway drive time?

Bob Gardner wrote:
When we make the trip from Seattle to SFO using the coast route we allow two
and a half days....but we usually pack it in no later than 6PM. Not
interested in night driving the 101. The PCH is a wonderful route but the
speed limit for a lot of it is 50mph....justified by the many curves and
hills. You will quite often find yourself stuck in a line behind a truck or
RV; there are turnouts and passing lanes but they never seem to be there
when I need them. One plus is the fact that all of the visual goodies will
be on the right side of the car as you go south.

I have predicated my answer on 101; if you leave 101 at Leggett and go over
to 1, along the beach, add a couple of hours because now we are talking
about a two-lane road.

Thanks. I think we'll stick to the 101. Could you tell me,
approximately, how many hours the drive takes you?

Bob Gardner

- DB