Old February 16th, 2010, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

Default Hawaii question

Ummmm no, stick to the airplane...
No big deal if you wear shoes that are easy to take off...

"GV" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
Thanks for the replies Shawn and Runge11. I have googled and checked out
the air fares interisland. The cost doesn't seem all that bad but the
logistics have me concerned. Since spending a little time near Kaanapali
is a high priority I'm leaning towards just staying there instead of going
to Kauai. I'm only going for about a week and I'd rather relax at one
place rather than spending a day traveling interisland. But, if there was
a way to charter a boat and sail from Kauai to Kaanapali and back in a day
I'd consider that. That'd seem more like a vacation than running through
airports and car rental agencies.

Gary

"Runge11" wrote in message
Airplane fares are low between the islands, did you check 'em ?

"GV" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: ...
I know this group deals primarily with the mainland but I'm not sure
where else to ask. I'm planning on going to Hawaii and want to stay on
Kauai. But I also want to go to Kaanapali on Maui for at least part of a
day. Can anybody tell me how hard and how expensive it would be to make
that kind of side trip. (Actually, I'd be happy to get to the waters
off Kaanapali Beach and don't really care to get on shore so would it be
feasible to travel by boat?) TIA

Gary