Old February 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_3_]

Default Hawaii question

tim.... wrote on Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:25:23 -0000:

"James Silverton" wrote in
message ...
Stefan wrote on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:57:14 GMT:

Thanks for the replies Shawn and Runge11. I have googled
and checked out the air fares interisland. The cost
doesn't seem all that bad but the logistics have me
concerned. Since spending a little time near Kaanapali is a high
priority I'm leaning towards just staying there
instead of going to Kauai. I'm only going for about a week and I'd
rather relax at one place rather than spending a
day traveling interisland. But, if there was a way to
charter a boat and sail from Kauai to Kaanapali and back in
a day I'd consider that. That'd seem more like a vacation than
running through airports and car rental agencies.

Gary,

I think you are unaware of the distance between Kauai and
Maui--a little over 200 miles (320 km). That's a little far
for day trip by boat.

Since you really, really want to visit Kaanapali and only
have a week, stay in Kaanapali and tour Maui, Lanai, and
Molokai. Save Kauai for the next time.

I like Kauai but there's more than enough to keep you
pleasantly occupied on Maui for a week, especially if you
allocate a good slug of time for fish watching and lazing on the
beach.

How on earth does "lazing on the beach" count as pleasantly
occupied?

It depends why you go to Hawaii. I count lying on the beach and taking
an occasional dip in the sea as one of the most productive things to do
:-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland