Old March 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Trip to Croatia

In article
,
Surreyman wrote:

On Mar 9, 9:32*am, Mike Lane wrote:
I'm planning a trip to Croatia by car in June. There'll be quite a lot
of driving involved so I'm looking for a nice quiet place to stay put for a
few days on the Dalmation coast.

I'm not interested in beaches particularly, nor anywhere with large hotels.
Ideally a small town or village with a harbour and enough tourism to support
a few places to stay and eat, but no more.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Last year we went to the Pelion peninsular
in Greece looking for somewhere similar, and found a place called Damouchari
which was ideal.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

Just go slightly south to Kotor, Montenegro.
Unbelievable beautiful medieval town, outstanding surrounding 'fjord &
mountain' scenery.
One of the undiscovered gems of the Med.

What's the language and currency? Hospitable to English-speaking
visitors?