Old September 3rd, 2016, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default Rhein cruises

tim... wrote:

"Erilar" wrote in message
Happy.Hobo wrote:
On 08-30-2016 03:44, tim... wrote:
It talks of 130-150 per day for accommodation, meals and transport

but that's per person so it's 300 quid for a couple

It's nearly that for a single, since you pay for all the beds in the
cabin whether you use them or not. And the price you see first on the
advert is "From ____" meaning if you want leg room or a window, get
ready to shell out more.

"From" on a river cruise usually also means a really miserable cabin close
to ths waterline if "outside" at all, and with a miserable little porthole
it's barely possible to see out of.

why does that matter?

the whole point of the operator of providing on board "entertainment" is
that you should spend as little time as possible in your cabin

You go there to sleep. You spend the rest of you time on deck/in the bar

tim

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad

Not I. I want a place where I can avoid odious music and I drink very
little, and that not the "wine" they serve in ship bars, and use my camera
if I so choose. I'm willing to pay more for a decent cabin. The last cruise
I was on didn't give me a choice, without warning me about the lack of
same.

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad