Old November 11th, 2003, 10:08 PM
devil

Default Flight from Toronto or Buffalo - why such big price difference?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:26:05 -0600, Alan D. wrote:

Hi guys;
Thanks for your quick replies. Just to let you know, and perhaps, if someone
would like to check it out in person... I just tried it again. Using
www.expedia.ca and the following dates:

Dep: April 1, YYZ (Toronto Pearson) Dep: April 17, CAI (Cairo) 2,700
CDN
Dep: April 1, BUF (Buffalo-Niagara) Dep: April 17, CAI (Cairo) 1,400
CDN

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining here =) I just cannot believe that
this is for real!!! For two people you'd save 2,600 CDN just by driving to
Buffalo for 1.5 hours and parking at the airport for 2 weeks =)

1.5 hours drive, getting through US immigration etc. All of that on top
of maybe 24 hours of flying. Most people just won't go for it.

But my guess is you probably can do much better than CAD 2600 from YYZ if
you shop around. For instance by getting two separate tickets. I would
be surprised if you couldn't get LHR-CAI for less than CAD 900/1000, for
instance.