Old February 14th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Po Box 557

Default Anyone help me, Question regarding Hong Kong & China ID Cards

any idea about the China one?

"George W. Russell" wrote in message
om...
Chris Blunt wrote in message

. ..

Its just a form of ID, but can also be used to enter and leave Hong
Kong instead of a passport. Its not recognised as a passport
internationally, so for traveling to most countries Hong Kong people
still need to take along their passport.

I think the requirement is seven years' continuous residency to
qualify for a permanent ID card. You even get the right to vote.

New machine readable "smart cards" are now being phased in and
eventually the old ones (such as my temporary one first issued in
1987) will not be accepted by authorities.

George W. Russell
Ha Noi