Old January 29th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Greg Mossman

"Todd H." wrote in message

Unfortunately economics got involved and I cut my vacation back and
simplified a bit. I was able to find a package that dropped me on
Maui for 10 days at the Ritz Carlton including airfare from Chicago
for less than $4k total for 2. Comparing with other hotels and even
remotely as nice places, I couldn't muster a lower number.

The Ritz-Carlton is obviously much more comfortable than a condo. The
disadvantage of staying up in Kapalua is that you're very far from the good
dive ops which are all based in Kihei. Yes, you can dive with Lahaina dive
ops, but you won't be diving with the best and it can make a difference in
Hawaii. When I stay in Kaanapali I still make the 45 minute drive down to
Kihei to dive with Ed Robinsons's. From Kapalua, it's at least an hour's
drive.