Old January 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Marior

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:41:46 GMT, "Marior" wrote:

snip

Edmonton and believe me I'd rather be there longer than here!
10days is great but why not maximize Time instead of 5star next time?

I'm with you -

and *I* find a nice condo WAY better than any hotel room.

Here are me pics from my recent three week visit.

http://tnguym.50megs.com/index.htm

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. looks like we did some of the same
stuff out there. Hana, Haleakala, I liked your Condo beach and malakawena,
Hilo, pictures the best. I'm a prairie boy sucker for beach, surf,
pictures. That and the natural flora and fauna. Seems like you capture the
same scenes I do. Looks like I would've liked Hilo we didn't make it on the
Big Island but did Maui, Kauai and Oahu in that order. I think its about
right as Maui is a good Hawaii primer, has a little of everything, Kauai is
a much more intense experience (absolutely loved it) and Oahu gets you set
for going back home what with the more urban pace on one part of the island.
As you discovered though Oahu has some great off the beaten track places and
for people that just want one island, no worries, no need for a car I'd
recommend it. It strikes me that Oahu is a very beautiful island, somewhat
like Kauai and its not surprising why Oahu was the island first heavily
sought after for habitation. I didn't go to the big Island yet and still
not sure about it other than the Hilo side. Interested in your opinions.
What I most liked about Kauai is that it is a magical, somewhat small island
that you can explore efficiently and have more time to stop and enjoy the
sights while always being not far from the beach. People who don't need to
see lots of Waikiki, or development and just want a more serene experience
would do well to just go to Kauai it seems.
When I'm planning a trip I max out the time as mentioned and minimize the
cost as Hawaii for instance deserves the time. IMO it would be tragic to go
there for just a week unless you were able to do so say annually. I have no
difficulty sticking to a 100dollar canadian/night price for two range in
Hawaii and having reasonable, comfortable, accomodation and always with
kitchen. To me it would detract or distract from my experience knowing I'm
spending 3-400bucks per night and one tends to feel that they need to spend
more time in the resort to somehow justify that expense. Paying a bare
minimum and viewing your accomodation as just primarily a place to sleep or
kick back allows you more time and freedom to spend in Hawaii, not in a
contrived resort. Sorry about the rambling discourse and I'm sure many
don't agree but just my opinion. I definitely don't go for the all inclusive
resorts which tend to keep you tied down more instead of seeing the sights
and experiencing the people and place. In Mexico I'd suppose its the way
to go.