Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Charlie Hammond

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

In article OApAg.884$uW1.647@dukeread06, "rascal" writes:
No wheels. Despite what the "travel experts" may say, carry your bag for a
couple of miles or so getting out of the airport and wheels become more
attractive. ...

Wheels and handles take up a surprising amount of the limited space
in a carry-on size bag. It's a trade off to consider carfully.
I've been a number of places where wheels weren't much good due to
the condition of the ground/floor.

If you don't get wheels, look for a bag that has or can accomodate
a shoulder strap. Makes carying easier without sacrificing space.

I also travel with a small back pack -- a "day bag" -- in addition
to my "carry-on"

--
Charlie Hammond -- Hewlett-Packard Company -- Ft Lauderdale FL USA
-- remove "@not" when replying)