Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Lee

Default Disney Cruise....Travel agent or online booking?

"Typhoon" wrote in message ...
My family and I are are think of going on a Disney cruise and I was
wondering if we should book using a travel agent or right at the Disney
online website. I have the price, date, airfare, cabin, ect all in the
booking online. Would a travel agent get a better price?

Why don't you get some prices online, from a variety of websites
(Travelociity, buycruises.com, Orbitz, etc.) - that way you'll have a
general idea of what the cruise is selling for. Then, if you have a TA
(maybe one that's been recommended to you by a friend), see if their
price competes. Then, you'll know if a (bricks & mortar) TA will get a
better price than an ecommerce TA. You've done all the research
already, so it's an easy sale for a bricks & mortar TA if they come in
at a better price.

In my experience, local TAs haven't been able to touch internet
prices. They've all advised me to buy online. Each time I book, I try
a traditional TA first, and end up booking on line.

Lee